The Olympic Torch in Hamilton/Brantford

December 8, 2009

So I did a stupid thing. I've known for a long time that the Community Celebration for the Olympic Torch in Toronto was on December 17th. However, I picked up concert tickets in Hamilton for that night, and since I can't be in two places in once, I'll be in the Hammer as the torch comes to Toronto.

Now I lucked out in that the morning AFTER the Community Celebration (December 18th), the torch will take a more elaborate tour of downtown Toronto, passing about 300 metres away from my Condo. It might be at 6:30 AM, but I'll be up and on the Street for that!!

However, even though I'll be able to see it Friday morning, I'd still like to goto a Community Celebration. So, Beth and I will be carting down to Hamilton on the 19th to see one there...

So, in the spirit of that trek to Hamilton, have a look at the routes the Olympic Torch will take through both Hamilton, and my hometown of Brantford.

Hamilton


December 19th (Shown in Blue)
  • Torch starts off at Main/Dundurn at 6:30 PM
  • Travels down Main to Bay, where it loops up to Cannon/York.
  • Comes back west along York to Dundurn Castle, where the Community Celebration is (7:00 PM).

December 20th (Shown in Red)
  • The Torch first makes a quick tour of my alma mater McMaster University.
  • Torch starts off by JHE, and loops around the Hospital from 7:05 to 7:21 AM
  • The Torch then heads to Main/Bay, and travels along Main all the way to Centennial Parkway.

Brantford



December 21st (Shown in Blue)
  • Torch starts out at Linden and Colborne around 6:19 PM
  • Torch travels along Colborne/Dalhouse until Queen St., passing my old neck of the woods (Colborne/Fairmount) at about 6:30 PM
  • Torch then loops up around to City Hall, for a Community Celebration at 7:00 PM

December 22nd (Shown in Red)
  • Starts downtown again at about 7:09 AM
  • Hangs a right and heads for the 403 via Brant Ave/Paris Rd.
  • After stopping at 7:48 AM, the torch leaves Brantford and heads for Paris/Parts Beyond
Hard to believe that its all less than two weeks away. I'm really very excited to see the torch in both Toronto and Hamilton, and I'm sure there will be lots of pictures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This blog is the online chronicle of our adventures leading up to, and including, the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games. We hope to give you a little insight into what went into planning our trip and a first hand look at the Games from the ground in Vancouver.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP