Google Earth

December 2, 2009

So those that know me, know that I have a problem with being a bit of an organizational nerd. Need evidence of that fact? I present this blog as ‘Exhibit A’

Anyways, continuing in that vein, over the last little while I have been slowly assembling a Google Earth .kmz file on the Vancouver Olympic Winter Games. Almost all of this was put together by me, except for the Vancouver Transit Plan, which I lifted from the web (can’t find the source now…)

For the uninitiated, a .kmz file is a collection of placemarks, overlays, paths etc. that can be downloaded and imported into Google Earth.


BC Place in all its Google Earth Glory...

I’ve been able to compile quite the list of information really, including:
  • Venues
  • Celebration Sites
  • National Houses
  • 2010 Transportation Plans
  • Media Locations
  • Various Attractions
Anyways, its best shown through demonstration....so I suggest you download it and check it out.

It’s a really good reference for seeing where everything is in relation to each other. I'll hopefully keep this updated as I find out more information....so check back every once in a while for the latest verson

1 comments:

Unknown December 2, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

Organizational turbo dork!
.
.
.
MY Organizational turbo dork :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This blog is the online chronicle of our adventures leading up to, and including, the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games. We hope to give you a little insight into what went into planning our trip and a first hand look at the Games from the ground in Vancouver.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP