Calgary's decked out in red and white - one day to go!

February 11, 2010

So here we are, on the eve of the most excellent adventure ever planned, and I am more excited I've ever been for Christmas morning... Tomorrow Andrea and I will make the trek thru the mountains (while Scott and Pam fly over us... ) en route to Vancouver 2010!

Today I'm sporting my fancy new olympic hockey jersey (in white), and there are more than a few Calgarians that have done the same. As a former Olympic host city, I'd be willing to wager we are more into the games here than anywhere else outside the lower mainland. Office buildings are painted with images of speed skaters, lugers and snowboarders, people are wearing team Canada gear, and there is certainly an air of excitement in the city! Can't believe we are almost here, after all the planning, sometimes frantic ticket release sessions... We'll see the torch lit tomorrow night...

- Ben via BlogPress from my iPhone




I wasn't around for the Calgary games, so I borrowed this excellent photo from the interwebs. Hopefully the tower is lit tonight again in cowtown

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This blog is the online chronicle of our adventures leading up to, and including, the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games. We hope to give you a little insight into what went into planning our trip and a first hand look at the Games from the ground in Vancouver.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP