Getting the Ticketing Runaround

January 21, 2010



So last week I finally got a notification from VANOC that my Phase III tickets were being shipped...and the first thing that went through my head was 'aww crap'. Getting my Phase I and Phase II tickets wasn't exactly easy...so here we go again.

I suppose I understand the need for added security, but all the rules and regulations that VANOC has slapped on Purolator in regards to getting your tickets delivered means that it can be a real pain-in-the-ass to actually get your hands on them.

I work a 9-5 Job, and live in a condo building. This means that I'm obviously never home when Purolator arrives, and that any deliveries I do get need to be accepted by my concierge. However, that’s impossible in this case, as VANOC requires a signature. They also won't redirect the package, or any of the other things that are normally allowed.

So, after a number of emails and phone calls to VANOC and Purolator...and a trip out to Purolator's distribution centre...I've finally been able to get my tickets reassigned to a distribution centre in downtown Toronto for tomorrow.

So...if everything goes to plan, I should be able to wander over on my lunch and get them...

Fingers crossed everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This blog is the online chronicle of our adventures leading up to, and including, the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games. We hope to give you a little insight into what went into planning our trip and a first hand look at the Games from the ground in Vancouver.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP