Building Wraps

October 2, 2009

When I was in Salt Lake City, one of the favourite images I saw was of the downtown core all ‘decked out’ in Olympic livery. This isn’t the exact image I saw (will probably never find it), but it gives you the idea:


I love this image so much because it highlights how much of an ‘Olympic Village’ gets created in the downtown. I can’t wait to be right in the middle of it all come Vancouver. Our games will probably be even better in this regard than Salt Lake’s were, just because our venues are much more centralized.

Anyways, reason I bring this up, is that at gamesbids.com, there were some images posted of two of the first building wraps for the games:




That’s one huge Canadian Flag on the Georgia Hotel. The second image is of ‘The Bay’ in downtown Vancouver…which is the Olympic superstore. I can’t wait to see what the rest of the buildings…and Vancouver as a whole…will look like in a couple months!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This blog is the online chronicle of our adventures leading up to, and including, the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games. We hope to give you a little insight into what went into planning our trip and a first hand look at the Games from the ground in Vancouver.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP