2010 Official Poster

June 30, 2009

On Monday, VANOC unveiled the official poster for the games. My thoughts on it are pretty much the same as for the ticket designs....it could be alot worse. I think they've done a really good job with the designs in general, considering I'm still a little biased in regards to the colour palette. I'd still prefer a Red-White-Black mix...but if you're gonna go for Blue-Green, this isn't bad

Official 2010 Poster (VANOC Website)

There is lots of white space, which when you look really closely is actually white-painted wood. I'd probably like it if this vast white space was filled a little more, but then again there is something to be said for the KISS principal.

Overall though, could be worse. I'll be picking one up at some point, that's for sure. Once this trip is all said and done, I'd like to create a big (like couch-sized) wall display of the various mementos I'll have from this trip...display my tickets, pictures, even a jersey or something. The official poster would make a nice centrepiece perhaps!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This blog is the online chronicle of our adventures leading up to, and including, the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games. We hope to give you a little insight into what went into planning our trip and a first hand look at the Games from the ground in Vancouver.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP